Elgia Therapeutics, a venture-backed biopharmaceutical company, is positioned to deliver first-in-class therapies for serious chronic diseases, such as fibrosis, neuroinflammation, chronic kidney disease (CKD), lupus, inflammasome-related pathologies, and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) from a platform of novel targets. The Elgia team has discovered how metabolic stress drives inflammation and fibrosis and has identified untapped protein targets for small molecule drug discovery. By combining these pioneering biological insights with R&D expertise, Elgia is creating innovative, first-in-class medicines for debilitating chronic diseases. We have outstanding opportunities for motivated, energetic scientists to join our dynamic, pioneering team in San Diego. This is an excellent opportunity to learn, contribute and impact novel drug discovery efforts on an enthusiastic, dedicated, and passionate team.
We are seeking an experienced nonclinical pharmacologist for the Director, Pharmacology role to design and conduct efficacy, pharmacodynamic and translational in vivo studies that support our drug discovery programs in inflammation, fibrosis and inflammasome pathologies. The Director will report to the VP, Drug Discovery and will work closely with the Elgia leadership team on all aspects of drug discovery efforts.
The Pharmacology Director will have experience in preclinical pharmacology and/or physiology, knowledge to drive translational experiments and expertise to provide high-quality experimental data to inform R&D drug development decisions. The Director will design and execute various pre-clinical and translational disease models to provide proof-of-concept, MOA and PK/PD data for our first-in-class inflammatory, metabolic and fibrotic drug discovery targets. The successful candidate will collaborate across other key functions (internal and external) to support the advancement of clinical candidates. Additionally, this leader will be responsible for outsourcing selected in vivo pharmacology experiments and identifying specialized CROs or collaborators to conduct experiments, The Director will present study reports and recommendations to leadership and research teams.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D.), PharmD in pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, pharmacometrics or related field with 10+ years drug discovery experience in the biopharma industry and a record of success on drug discovery projects with oversight of pharmacology studies and data analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of pharmacology, PK, drug metabolism, IVIVC, PK/PD and drug development with proven application to development candidates.
- Strong knowledge of small molecule pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics principles, modelling and simulation, ADME Concepts, and non-clinical pharmacology to support development candidate nomination.
- Experienced in performing modeling and simulation (M&S) on R&D projects.
- Apply state-of-the-art allometric scaling and dose prediction models for oral drugs.
- Experience in using PK and PK/PD modeling software packages (i.e., Phoenix WinNonlin, NONMEM, R, and other similar tools).
- Broad background in all aspects of drug discovery and development, with knowledge of drug and ADME properties, pharmacological studies and toxicology principles.
- Experience in cross-disciplinary R&D teams with record of successful nomination of development candidates and enablement of IND studies
- Sustained record of publications and patents
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present results, data interpretation and biology rationale for drug discovery projects.
Elgia Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable federal, state, or local law.